Voxel sandbox games are certainly not everyone’s taste, but those willing to give it a try may find Trove a real gem in the genre. Trove has classes, dungeons, loot, PvP arenas, and even professions, and it’s a completely free to play game.
We have a very limited number of vanity items for a few lucky players, so read on to learn more about Trove and how to snag your Skyfire helmet in our latest giveaway.
Trove is an open-ended voxel adventure through countless realms filled with quests, chests, and enemies great and small. It’s a potent, cube-shaped brew of RPG features combined with the thrill of exploring procedurally-generated worlds – and the unlimited creative freedom to build your own!
Play Trove for free
- Classes – Before venturing into the Multiverse, you’ll need a warm, cube-like body to withstand the rigor of life without curves. Play as a gallant Knight, sharp-shooting Gunslinger, or as one (or all!) of the many classes coming to Trove in the months ahead.
- Dungeons & Lairs – Gather your friends, hone your blades, and delve into dungeons made by devs and players alike! Tucked into the darkest and most dangerous corners of Trove’s Adventure Worlds, each is bursting with monsters, traps, and precious loot.
- Realms – Brave Trovians can venture to spectacular lands, from hill to highland, tundra to desert, and more. But be wary – dangers still lurk in the shadows.
- Cornerstones – Cornerstones are personal homes – a place to kick back, relax, and call your own – but they’re also mobile bases! You can place your Cornerstone at specially-marked Cornerstone plots in any world you’re visiting, and voila: your hand-crafted home-away-from-home will appear, giving you a place to restock and refuel on the go.
- Club Worlds – What’s better than crafting alone? Building block-by-block with your Trovian friends! Club Worlds are fully buildable and expandable worlds open to everyone in your Club. Feel like crafting enormous geodesic domes in the desert? Magnificent castles in an enchanted forest? No problem! With a whole team of potential builders, any idea is within reach!
How to get your Skyfire Helm:
Since we have only 10 helms to give away, we’ll do something different and ask you to tell us something about Trove for a chance to win your helm. Simply post a comment at the end of this post, and tell us why you play Trove or want the Skyfire Helm, or something else interesting about the game.
Tell us something to make us smile, laugh, or facepalm — it’s up to you! If you’re already a masterful Trovian you can even build something special (here’s a hint) and link us a screenshot or a video.
Trove is all about creativity, so unleash yours.
Don’t know anything about Trove? If you’re interested in playing it just head over to the official website and sign up. It’s free to play.
Who will win:
Winner will be chosen randomly from any player leaving a meaningful comment on this post. For transparency we will announce the first part of the winner’s email in this post and our social profiles.
It’s not a contest so you don’t have to write an essay to win, but please note that simply saying “hi” in your comment will probably get it deleted and exclude you from the giveaway. Try to contribute at least a bit!
The winner will be announced on December 18th, 2015, and you have until then to leave a comment and be eligible to win.
What do I win:
An in-game cosmetic item, redeemable on the official website. Each winner will only get one code which is valid for one Skyfire Helm.
Play Trove now
The holiday season is in full force in Trove, with plenty of presents and rewards you can earn during this month. Players can loot Snowfest mystery boxes from foes, with the chance to earn a rare mount or mag rider from them, or you can whack a few Winter Piñatas.
Sign up and play Trove now
Snowfest in Trove will run until January 5th, making this a great time to finally give this voxelbox a try.