I’ve been personally keeping track of Rift for awhile now, and even participated in the beta. I think this game has a lot of potential, and if you’re a fan of fantasy MMORPGs Rift will most likely appeal to you as well.
Rift (previously called “Rift: Planes of Telara”) is an upcoming fantasy MMORPG from Trion Worlds, set to launch March 1, 2011 with a head start period beginning February 24, 2011 for those who have pre-ordered the game.
- Massive Dynamic Battles: Invasions unfold zone-wide, creating epic conflicts that bring you into the story! Save the world now alongside hundreds of other players, or fight later to reclaim lands from invading hordes.
- 8 Primal Forces: Creatures from the Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Life, and Death planes battle for control of the world of Telara! Two warring factions—the Guardians and the Defiant—face off against each other and fight extra-planar creatures as they seek to save the world.
- Build Your Class: No other game lets you build your class the way RIFT does. Specialize in a single class or pick and choose abilities from many to create a character uniquely suited to your play style—and have fun while you experiment!
- Choose Your Role: Each character can have up to four different roles, so you can choose different classes for every situation! You might have one for PvP and another for raids; or perhaps you want a high-damage or high-defense build. The choice is yours to mix and match as you see fit!
- PvP Combat: Battle others in exhilarating Player vs. Player combat! Earn PvP ranks, titles, loot, and unique Souls to further enhance your character. Head to cross-server Warfronts and fight others in world PvP.
- Full-Featured: Guilds, dungeons, raids, auctions, crafting, a vibrant economy, Player vs. Player combat, and more!
- Deeper Gameplay: New features like Guild Quests and Artifact Collections enhance your gaming experience by giving you earned achievements that matter.
- Highly Accessible HD Graphics: Play a game that has stunning visuals on virtually any computer, even if your PC isn’t state-of-the-art
Recommended System Requirements
- Operating system: Windows XP, Vista or 7
- Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or better
- Memory: 4 GB
- Hard disk space: 15.0 GB available
- Desktop Video: Nvidia GTS 250 or better
- Notebook Video: Nvidia GTX 200M series or better
- Sound: DirectX 8.1 compliant card
- DirectX®: 9.0c, June 2010 update
- Broadband internet connection (DSL, cable modem or other high speed connection)
Beta Key Signup
For those of you wanting to get into the beta but can’t get keys from other sources, we may just have you covered. We should receive about 50 VIP keys as early as next week, which will be distributed randomly to our subscribers. If you want to get in on the action, be sure to subscribe below.
Signups are now over since the beta has finished. We’re proud to say everyone who signed up got their key. Woohoo!